Friday 27 February 2015

DEO'S DIARY- EP 4:Box of Secrets; Like Mum, Like Deo!







...diary, you have gradually turn to my bestie, do you really want to know this new secret, my mom and I had a great time today, as supposedly "friends" but this led to another secret door, that will unveil more, I promised not to tell anyone, but of course you're excluded.

Today came like cinnamon, so sweet and tender, the sun is not scorching, and the breeze is wafting my hair and I'm feeling like BeyoncĂ©, making “upgrade you” music video. I love wearing my hair in ponytail, when I'm either on braids or when my hair is undone, but this lovely weather, makes me let it down to blow, and I loved it…

It’s D-day, when momma and daughter are hanging out like its Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie having a good day out, definitely there would be no cat fight, but I hope it goes well, and I will be loyal to my friend (mom), It’s best friend thing uh?, we are letting it all hang out, no holding back. I started wondering, what questions will she ask?, what would my answer be?, what would I ask her too?...well I don't want to think too much, I will just flow with the rhythm.

Mom and I went shopping at our usual mall, we always shop for what we need, and the ones we don't need or use. Here we are again buying a lot of groceries, wines and other stuff, we shopped last week! "A big one", of these same groceries, just last-week… we are wasteful, we end up throwing most of them away or give it to our cooks and cleaners...they don't stay with us though, they come, work and go, beg and steal.

I didn't ask her what the shopping is for, maybe this is what “girlfriends” do when they hang-out in my mom's term, I just can't wait for this part to end, it’s her money, not mine and like she believes, “mom knows best” I know right, even when she was wasting her money. 

We stopped for an ice cream, and I ordered for my favourite, "Oreo-Overload." (I've fantasized on dad overloading my vagina with it, and licking it up, all of it!) I can't really remember the last time mom and I did this together, She talked about her business bringing in a lot of profit, and her new crazy Abuja friend that was happy over her husband’s death, "he left all his money for the children and I and I can't pray for him to stay alive one more minute"… she was making an Hausa accent, which I guess that’s her friends accent and it was so funny.  I hope mom doesn't think like her new friend. Well, she has her own money, and dad once told me, “she makes more money  than him”, so if anyone would giggle on such, it would be dad, or me “both of them dead” I'm a young millionaire. She also told me about her plans to donate some money to charity, and that’s something I love about my mom, so generous, ask her and she will give, but if you steal, she will kill, (I'm definitely not stealing her man, maybe I should just ask).

I thought we are heading home, but this is not the way home, I don't know why, but I didn't ask where we are headed, I just sat there and sang along with the music playing from the car radio. I want to see and know more about my mom, so I won't bore her with unnecessary questions. We entered this beautiful estate, and stopped in front of a duplex, quite new and lovely, the gardens are well groomed and trimmed, no other word, it’s beautiful on the outside, and just like all the buildings around, it’s screaming “I'm expensive”. I just need to ask. “Mom, where is this”?....I was actually expecting to hear, “umm, it’s my sick friend’s house,” and she’s the owner of the groceries we bought, or something close to that, but I was wrong, she smiled and brought out a bunch of keys from her bag, and dangled it in my face, she obviously has the keys to this house, she did her funny catwalk to the entrance door and flung it open with pride, we entered and she switched on the light,... It’s so beautiful inside, new, cozy; flushed with pink and gold designs, “pink and gold” that's my mom's favourite colour.

She jumped on the pink three-seater leather sofa and sighed, my baby, “let's just call this place our little secret for now” I couldn't secrete saliva to wet my dried throat that moment… how many more secrets, with all the ones I'm battling with. I don't get you mom, “secret?” I observed a big picture of mom and I smiling hung on the wall, for the first time it seems like I resembled her. “Yes, this is my house, (she narrowed her eyes) nobody, not even your father must know about this place”, she grinned, and stood up from the sofa, I finished it up last week, and I want you and I to be very close, that's why I brought you here, we will cook, eat, drink, and maybe tell ourselves some secrets, I don't want to be too distant from you Deo... Some part of me was so pleased, I know mom has some chips stacked, but enough to pull this kind of house, it’s fucking four bedroom duplex, (according to her) and the location, that's an accomplishment. I'm happy for you mom, I rushed to hug her, held her tight and that moment was true, ( I wished I’m not attracted to dad, I wished I didn't voyeured on him too, but I did, and I’m still going to do it). I bet I almost cried, she showed me around, “this is your room” it’s still empty, and  I don't know how you want to design it,… she showed me her room, my room, visitors room but no dad’s room, something is going on. “Why can't you tell daddy?” Well reason best known to me for now, you don't worry yourself and promise me not to tell anyone, Deo if I can’t trust you with this small secret, how much more with others....wow! So there's more in the secret, hashtag, "reason why dad mustn't know", did Wale say anything to her, I strongly doubted that, mom will never play cool or friends with such. Well like a good daughter who wants to get closer and know more secrets, I promised to keep the secret, but not from my diary.

We had spaghetti and chicken, mom has always been a great cook, she just doesn’t have time, except for valentines and dad’s birthdays, the home theatre was blasting a song about love, ”love me hard tonight” was all I could pick from this old song chorus, but mom was singing along with passion, her voice is not the best, but the enthusiasm she was singing with, made me almost love her version more than the one that was playing, I can’t remember the last time I saw her like that, she seemed so happy and alive, not wearing her tired face or I’m late to a meeting squeezed face and I wish dad was here to share this moment with her (us).

"Who are you dating"? She asked and smiled sheepishly at me, like a mother up to no good... seriously how did we get to that question, but I will be truthful about it, I grinned and answered, "no one for now mom", she didn't look surprised, and she stared at me vacantly, and I asked why the vacant stare? "Tell me, are you a virgin Deo?”... Okay! Okay!! It’s getting awkward but I'm still going to be truthful. “Yes mom, I'm a virgin”, she tried not to laugh, but I know she wants to, she always does this mockery thing with her lips; she sipped her wine and raised her two hands up, like she was giving up, but no she wasn't “who are you really waiting for baby girl"? she was staring right into my eyes, as if she knew something…maybe she does or was I thinking too much?, "who am I really waiting for?" she knew I was waiting to give my innocence to someone, I wish I could just tell it to her face "your husband mama" but no, I  dare not, I don't even have the gut to, I'm still thinking of the best answer, she refilled her glass, and said, “if your crush doesn't know, tell him now or move on".... if only she knew right, but she was right, if I can't tell dad how I feel, then I need to move on.

I decided to play a little game with my questions

"When did you start having sex mom?”

“Since I was eighteen” I was amazed at her abrupt answer, it came out like she was expecting the question, and so I continued "what is sex like between you and dad?”, she frowned and puffed her cheeks and her lips was tightly closed, I knew I've pushed her buttons, and I felt good about it.

 “It’s too personal, why would you want to know what sex is like between your father and I” she chuckled, “you’re a strange daughter” well, sex with your father, was the best I ever had.

I wanted to ask how the relationship between the two of them is going, I felt something was wrong, I hope they are not getting a divorce.... it’s always like this in Hollywood movies, and then it’s a divorce, well my life is not a movie, but I need to know whatever is going on.

I will prefer to be snoopy from now on, need to find something and could she be having a secret affair, with whom? She’s definitely up to something and it’s my job to find out

“I will give you a spare key, when I feel like you should have it, but for now, you and I can come here and do our girls gist… she left the dining for her room and I wished I could bug the house, yes! "Bug this secret house" that's the crazy part of me wishing,

I know mom and dad fight sometimes, and they moan a lot during sex, which sometimes turns me on, risque, yeah! But it does.

They both have it good, so I need to know what is up... I still want dad, just as much as I need to know what mother is up to....it’s like mother, like daughter. When I get something, you will be the first to know.


8 comments:

  1. Deo you seem to have a big family drama, your mom is definitely up to something, i wont tell you not to find out, but please let us know whatever you find

    ReplyDelete
  2. lols! Deo so you don't know your life is already a movie, well, I am watching, keep your eyes close mommy Deo, why is she hiding the house from your dad? and deo oreo overload is my favorite ice cream too, but overloaded in your VJJ.,....I cant stop laughing

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, Deo, you're digging into what is bigger than you....well hope it makes you forget your demonic desires

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking you will bore me with your lust to your dad, but now you've got me hooked,i want to know where this is going to. your mom is seeing someone

    ReplyDelete
  5. the story is dramatic...from your demonic desires, to your cousin, now your mom...I love it, want to see the end, and we've not been seeing your crazy friend Annie, lets hear from her plssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. please your writing is good, but more spacing please

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deo, i wish i can be your diary, you have a lot going on in your life, I don't like incest and i wish you could get your head together and stop thinking of your father sexually

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wishing I could unlock secrets d way u do,....

    ReplyDelete